On November 20th 2008, a few local area triathletes; Patrick Guerrero, Russell Mayfield, Victor Pedroza, Fred Griffin and Kathy Tullio, got together and began Turlock Triathlon Team / Club (T3).
T3 was established for the purpose of;
- Bring together area triathletes of all levels
- Organize group workouts for club members
- Share knowledge through training and clinics
- Project a positive image of the sport
- Promote good sportsmanship, well-being and fellowship among triathletes
- Educating our community and the surrounding area to the benefits of exercise through the multi-sport approach of triathlons
- Promote healthy lifestyle
T3 also began in 2010 an annual "Move Your Bones" 5k run and kids fun run. This run was created to help our community get their bones moving and to donate back to the local area schools physical education programs
Our members are from all different levels. Several have completed full and half ironman competitions. Many compete in Olympic and Sprint distances. A few enter only one triathlon per year. Some join T3 to lose weight, stay in shape and others to improve their fitness.
We are about creating relationships with swimmers, cyclists, runners, triathletes and other athletes that will encourage one another to reach their fitness goals.
In 2017, the Turlock Running Club merged with T3. T3 is for more than just triathletes. Walkers, runners, bikers, swimmers or anyone interested in improving their fitness is welcome to join the club. You don't have to be in great shape to join us. We welcome newcomers to fitness. We have track workouts on Tuesdays, runs/walks on Saturdays and bike rides on Sundays. Come join us at one of these workouts and see what we are about! We also have social events (the Running Club was a social club with a running problem).